Rutgers University–Newark's Office of Admissions is open and operating in-person. Our team can be contacted via phone and or our web chat below. Information on the university’s response and requirements on COVID-19 are available at coronavirus.rutgers.edu and coronavirus.rutgers.edu/covid-19-vaccine/#forStudents
Explore and define what’s next: ensure your academic options, career choices, and graduate school goals.
Experience the enriching and personal journeys of recent graduates that made Rutgers University–Newark their home.
Rutgers University-Newark provides one of the most comprehensive university career services operations in the nation to support our students and alumni. Visit the RU-N Career Development Center during walk-in periods or by appointment to learn more, gain advice, access competitive internships, co-ops, and employment opportunities, as well as help on planning for and applying to graduate and
professional school opportunities.
Attend Career Center Events
- Fall and Spring Career Fair Events
- Graduate and Professional School Fairs
- Internship Fairs
- On-campus Recruitment Activities
- School-to-Professional Panels
- Brand-sponsored Events with Professional Partners
Achieve Your Dreams
Guidance for Your Future
Our Graduates Hit The Ground RU-NNING Across Professions
Rutgers University–Newark is dedicated to educating, preparing, and connecting you to exciting opportunities for research fellowships, summer internships, and career opportunities. Our alumni attend the most competitive graduate schools across the globe. Rutgers University-Newark students benefit from top-notch professional roles with local businesses, national non-profit organizations, and Fortune 500 companies.
At some point, most students experience the fear of not knowing what they want to do after graduation. Our faculty, academic advisors, and career development team are here to provide sustainable resources and guidance to help you clarify career aspirations, and identify employment and educational opportunities during each stage of your Rutgers University-Newark experience.
Find your Career Path Choosing and/or changing your major/career path is a unique process that can vary significantly between different individuals. In general, career planning involves identifying one's skills, interests, values, and personality traits and learning which career paths would be a good fit based upon this information. The Career Development Center offers a wide selection of resources and tools to help you successfully complete such a self-inventory and from there, make both short-term and long-term career decisions.
The Career Development Center can help you with:
- Career counseling: choosing a major of career path
- Interest and personality assessment testing
- Online job and internship leads
- Job search coaching and interview techniques
- Graduate/professional school advising
Earn Academic Credit and Explore Career Options
- Gain meaningful, practical work experience related to your field of study or career, tackle a new challenge, and possibly earn credits while doing it
- Acquire hands-on work experience and develop new skills
- Network with professionals in your field of interest
- Explore career options while building your resume
- Intern during the fall, spring, or summer semester
Extra Opportunities to Ensure your Success After RU-N
- The School of Business and Arts & Science offers students the opportunity to earn credits while gaining hands-on experience through your internship opportunities. For more information on internship opportunities and services for students, visit the Career Development website or make an appointment to meet with the CDC’s Internship Coordinator.